# Some Puppy Linux Basics by Apollia - http://astroblahhh.com An old educational page I wrote in maybe Feb-Apr of 2013, then converted to XML/XSLT in June 2017. Scarcely changed since April 2013. . It should be possible to view the XML version in any recent web browser. The web browser should automatically and instantly use the included XSLT 1.0 stylesheet to properly format the XML version. If all goes well, it should look nearly identical to the included old HTML version. . I did this XML conversion because I've been trying to renovate my Puppy Linux Setup Kit, and realized I probably need to make some really good new documentation for it, and that I could also include this old but still helpful "Some Puppy Linux Basics" page too, and maybe update it a bit. However, I really didn't want to have to do all the nice formatting, table of contents, and other navigational links manually, as I did back in 2013. So, since I've been playing around with XSLT lately, and had been thinking for a long time it might be perfect for a job like this, I began experimenting with that yesterday. . And I'm very surprised (and pleased) I managed to convert it all to XML/XSLT in less than 2 days! My XSLT 1.0 stylesheet is rather messy and hastily-coded, but with a few small exceptions, it mostly does exactly what I want. XSLT can be really frustrating and difficult, but it makes you feel like a genius when you finally get it to work. . So, now I can focus more on actually writing documentation, without spending so much time on nearly mindless chores like copying and pasting in a lot of formatting and navigation. That used to be so bothersome that it's probably one of the major reasons why I didn't update the page since April 2013. . Another former problem was, I had two slightly different versions: * A version that I included with various software I released (such as the Puppy Linux Setup Kit). * And the version on my website, which was styled to match the rest of my website, and had to have header and footer code added to it. Keeping the two in sync used to be really annoying. But now, with XSLT, I suspect handling that will be quite a lot easier, even though I haven't done that yet.