name mode size
0000-Readme 040000
Add-Ons 040000
Apollia ApMod Add-Ons 040000
Apollia Settings 040000
Apollia Workgroups 040000
Ramize-Physave 040000
site-lisp 040000
themes 040000
zz-Setup Scripts 040000
.gitignore 100644 510B
ApFirstEmacsTheme-theme.el 100644 3.38kB
ApThemeBits-June-14-2016-theme.el 100644 5kB
ApVaria-theme.el 100644 3.35kB
For scratch 100644 1.17kB
Git ApMod Repos 100755 47B
Git Repos 100755 41B
Go to Physave Path 100755 441B
Go to Ramize Path 100755 440B
Physave 100644 426B
README.md 100644 4.2kB
init.el 100644 7.36kB
root-theme.el 100644 1.93kB
README.md
# Apollia's GNU Emacs Settings - Apollia's .emacs.d Folder by Apollia - http://apollia.com/ Mostly built in late 2015 and early 2016. Cleaned up in July 2017, and released on July 25, 2017. Last modified Jan. 20, 2018. --- My GNU Emacs settings, and the included setup scripts and [Ramize-Physave](http://github.com/Apollia/Ramize-Physave), definitely work for me in Lighthouse 64 Puppy Linux 6.02 Beta 2. I'm still using GNU Emacs 24.5. * https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/ * http://lhpup.org/ <br><br> My GNU Emacs settings also work for me in GNU Emacs 24.5 in a [VirtualBox](http://virtualbox.org/) running Lucid Puppy Linux 5.2.8 version 004. Instead of storing my GNU Emacs settings and add-ons inside the guest system, I actually keep them in my host system in a guest-writable shared folder, and have the guest put symlinks to the folders ".emacs.d", ".emacs.d-ApMod-Repos" and ".emacs.d-Repos" inside the guest's /root/ folder. Seems to work fine so far. (But it doesn't work if the shared folder is read-only.) <br> And a previous (and unreleased) version of my Emacs settings also worked nicely in GNU Emacs 24.5 in non-virtual Lucid Puppy Linux 5.28 version 004. * http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=70855 <br><br> ---- 22:36:17 07/25/2017. Despite having gotten cozy with GNU Emacs back in early 2016 after about 2 or 3 months of customizing my GNU Emacs settings, I'm still not all that experienced with GNU Emacs. At some point, I stopped using GNU Emacs except on relatively rare occasions - simply because my settings made my GNU Emacs startup sequence very slow, and I lazily never fixed that until recently.<br><br> This repo mostly contains Emacs Lisp settings files. It might have been better not to make so many small separate files - but, the [multifiles-apmod.el](https://github.com/Apollia/multifiles-apmod.el) add-on makes that tolerable enough. (Especially now that I found out that somehow, I accidentally fixed whatever problem in my Emacs settings was causing multifiles-apmod.el to build multifiles so slowly! I still don't know what caused that or what fixed it. But, since I scarcely touched the M-x customize settings, nor my own Emacs Lisp files in the "Apollia Settings" folder, I'm guessing deleting unnecessary-seeming junk files in my .emacs.d folder may have helped somehow, even though those files were totally unrelated to multifiles-apmod.el. I was surprised to find even my most recent old copies of my .emacs.d folder didn't have the slow-multifile-building problem. But, I found a slightly older copy which does have it. So, maybe I'll be able to narrow down the possible causes of the problem someday, if I ever feel like it at some point.) By default, my settings add this line to the *scratch* buffer: (load "~/.emacs.d/Apollia Settings/My Handiwork/Usual Multifiles/My Emacs Settings Multifile Builder") You can run that line with C-x C-e to build my Emacs settings multifile. Once that is finished, you can type C-x b and select the *EmacsMF* buffer to view the Emacs settings multifile, containing files from this folder: ~/.emacs.d/Apollia Settings <br><br> In this repo, I only included symlinks to add-on files, not the actual files. Rather than including copies of all the add-ons I use, I included a Bash script which downloads those add-ons from GitHub. And I didn't make any script that tries to set the downloaded repos to the precise versions of the add-ons I'm using. Not sure how to do that yet. So, conceivably, someday my settings might stop working properly, if any future versions of the add-ons end up being so different that they're no longer compatible with my settings. But, at least doing things this way will hopefully make it easier to update the add-ons.<br><br> The incomplete Readme vuemaps can be read using VUE: Visual Understanding Environment, either my version or the original version. * http://github.com/Apollia/VUE * http://github.com/VUE/VUE If you're using Puppy Linux, or even if you're not, it might be better to use my version of VUE, since my version makes VUE capable of opening web links and local files in Puppy Linux, among other improvements.